Despite the incredible popularity of the GoPro Hero actioncam, it still lacks a viewfinder. That’s where the GoPhone, a GoPro-holding iPhone case…
Compare with WordPress…
- MyScript Calculator (calculator)
- Coordinate Grid for iPads (graph paper)
- Reading a Ruler on iPads (ruler)
- Base 10 Blocks (math manipulatives)
- iPad Lab Timer for Experiments (lab timer)
- Thesaurus Reference Tool (thesaurus)
- iPad Measurement Tools (ruler)
- SMARTBoard Simulator for the iPad(dry erase board)
- No More Rubber Bands (geoboard)
- iPad Protractor (protractor)
- gFlash+ to Build Study Skills (flashcards)
- iOS 7 Spotlight: Timer (timer)
- Fraction Calculator (calculator)
- Tangrams – Geometry and More (math manipulatives)
- Custom Flashcards (flashcards)
- App Update: Educreations (dry erase board)
- Sticky Notes for a Tech Friendly Classroom (post-it notes)
- News Sources for the iPad (newspapers)
- Assessment Spotlight: The Answer Pad (bubble sheet)
- Fluency and Presentation Practice (teleprompter)
- Promote Student Engagement with a Virtual Whiteboard (dry erase board)
- Atlas Apps (atlas)
- Math Fluency (flashcards)
The first thing that you need to know about the Firefox phone is that it’s intended for emerging markets. By modern first-world standards, it’s not a great phone. It looks OK, if not elegant, and while it doesn’t have the heft I like in a this kind of device, it can’t be described as “cheap and nasty.” It lets you browse the web, send emails, play music in the background and take (not very good) pictures. So what is there to complain about at the ridiculously low price. Facebook, Twitter, Wikipedia and Pinterest apps are available already - but there aren’t many others yet.
The OS is built on HTML 5 technology, so even things like making a phone call are achieved via HTML. This should make it easy for the likes of Facebook and Twitter to tweak their websites to make them work well enough on the Firefox phone. It should also open the door to developers who might otherwise not have access to the kinds of tools needed to make useful smartphone apps.
Poser Debut comes with everything you need to get started in 3D. You’ll quickly learn 3D with our easy to follow, step by step project guide. And Poser Debut’s library includes dozens of ready to pose 3D characters from cute cartoon characters and animals to robots and accurate photo-realistic humans. Poser Debut also includes lots of clothing, props to build scenes, cameras, lights and pre-built poses that can be dropped right onto your characters. Within minutes you can start to render 3D scenes into gorgeous art and cool animations that will impress your family and friends.
Why use Poser Debut?
- The easiest way to learn 3D and have fun at the same time!
- Create cool 3D art even if you can’t draw or have never taken an art class.
- Affordable, yet fully featured, Poser Debut creates still images or animated videos
- Poser Debut includes over a gigabyte of ready-to-go 3D content so you can get started right away.
- Learn the basics of 3D and 3D character animation with our easy to follow, step by step project guide.
- Expand your 3D skills with included training videos and tutorials.
- Over 80 fully rigged, fully posable, 3D characters
- Includes 2GB of clothing, hair, props, textures, pose sets, cameras, lights facial expressions and hand poses.
- In-app Project Guide teaches how to use Poser with video and easy to follow instructions.
- Drag and drop content into the scene from the Library Search.
- Content Paradise™ from within Library for additional Poser content.
- Turn 3D scenes into images or animation with Poser FireFly rendering engine.
- Supports advanced Poser 8 rigging system for better bending 3D characters.
- OpenGL real-time scene preview.
- Supports spot light lights, point lights and infinite lights.
- Performance optimizations for posing and rendering improvements on multi-processor systems.
WHAT IS SIMCITY?
The new SimCity delivers unprecedented depth of simulation with the new GlassBox engine where everything you see is simulated even down to each individual Sim in your city. The model-like world and detail of the simulation make this the most responsive and personal SimCity ever. This is also the most expansive city management game yet where you can control a region that delivers true multi-city scale and play a single city or up to 16 cities at once each with different specializations. Multiplayer is also a first for the series, which adds a new dimension to your game as your decisions impact both your city and your region and creates new ways to play by collaborating or competing to earn achievements.
DEPTH OF SIMULATION
See the consequences of your actions and dig in to see how the systems work. With new data visualization layers, you can look under the surface for deeper clues about how your city is functioning. Click the power layer for an instant snapshot of how electricity is distributed throughout your city. Access the water layer to find the best location to plop a water tower. Discover where your criminals cause crime by clicking on the crime layer, then plop a police station to protect your Sims! All of this is done through a unique graphic interface, which replaces charts and numbers with the experience of actually manipulating the city itself and seeing how it responds in real time.
TRUE MULTI-CITY SCALE
The most expansive city management game yet where you can control a region that delivers true multi-city scale and endless ways to play. Play a single city or up to 16 cities at once and track population, wealth, education and happiness across your region.
Create truly unique cities with different specializations. Mayors seeking intelligent Sims can build a college town. Specialize in Big Business to increase the wealth of your city. Each specialization has major benefits, but consequences as well.
Playing with friends for the first time adds a new dimension to how you play SimCity. Your decisions impact both your city and your region.
SimCity saves files live on the cloud, so you can play your cities anywhere you play the game! New content such as extra missions and achievements, or new Ploppables will become available as your game automatically updates to ensure you are playing the latest version, while preserving your existing city. You can also compete directly in SimCity with friends and gamers around the world on global leaderboards, or check their live status on SimCity.com.
SimCityEDU: Pollution Challenge:
Game-based learning and assessment tool for middle school students covering the Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards.
• Engage students with a high-quality game experience
• Develop real-world problem-solving skills
• Unlock new ways to assess
SimCity Deluxe for iPad:
Made for dedicated and casual players alike, let your inner urban planner run wild with the world’s favorite city building simulation. As Mayor and City Planner, take delight in the immersive visuals, the bigger display, and responsive touch controls - all designed just for the SimCity Deluxe experience on iPad!
The HD-quality graphics and realistic animation provide vividly textured terrain that you’ll want to reach out and touch. Easily “fingerpaint” masses of trees, water, and land with a simple swipe of your finger.
Face up to 7 multifaceted scenarios, from staging a glorious “World Games” to coping with a scorching heat wave. Get going in 7 starter cities inspired by world famous locations and remake them to your liking with highly detailed buildings - including 41 renowned landmarks that spring to life on the iPad screen. And remember, disasters can strike anytime - Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall. Guide your city through seasonal catastrophes like blizzards, electrical storms… or locust plagues! Or how about fending off a random meteor strike? Even face multiple disasters at once!
A great alternative:
Build the ultimate transport empire!
Take control of your own fledgling transport company, and use your engineering skill and business acumen to keep cargo and passengers moving - and keep the money rolling in!
Transport Tycoon contains everything that made the original PC game an all-time classic, plus a whole host of brilliant new features - bigger, richer worlds, deeper simulation and a huge variety of land, sea and air vehicles. The intuitive new touch screen interface makes it easier than ever to build and maintain your transport network.
Whether you’re planning and constructing ambitious engineering projects, or simply exploring the intricately simulated workings of the game’s world, Transport Tycoon is your ticket to many hours of absorbing and rewarding entertainment.
- Deploy bus and tram networks to grow sleepy towns into bustling cities.
- Lay cross-country railroads to keep industries supplied with precious resources.
- Construct massive bridges, dig tunnels and deploy earth-moving tools to carve a path through mountainous terrain.
- Build air and sea ports to transport cargo and passengers further and faster in an accelerating world.
- A wide range of beautiful landscapes including deserts, forests, mountains, valleys and islands.
- Several ‘real-world’ scenarios modelled on regions of North America and Europe at different periods in the 20th century.
- A richly simulated world with changing seasons and working industries, farms and towns.
- An all-new interface puts everything you need to explore and interact with the world at your fingertips.
- Over 150 vehicle types allowing you to choose the ideal transport solution for every situation.
- Use railway junctions and signals to allow multiple trains to share your rail routes.
- Modify vehicles and stations and assign new routes to adapt your business in real time.
- Upgrade and replace old vehicles as new and better ones are invented – all the way to supersonic jets and bullet trains!
- Play through 49 scenarios expertly designed to suit all skill levels and playing styles.
- Try to stay one step ahead of advanced AI-driven competitor’s companies.
- Track your progress and troubleshoot your business with in-depth company statistics.
- Prove yourself worthy of the title of Transport Tycoon and take on the life-consuming 100 Year Challenges!
Singularity Viewer is an exciting client for Second Life and OpenSim, which strives to combine the beloved look and feel of Viewer 1.23 with the latest and greatest of available technology, and to stay compatible with future Second Life changes and features.
Singularity is an open-source project powered entirely by volunteers…
Though moving around panoramic photos can feel fairly natural, the ability to do so in a video still feels a little unusual…
A new app, Aurasma, is linking parents to their children’s classroom activities at Fred Assam Elementary, where the app was recently piloted and introduced to parents at parent-teacher conferences last month.
Brandon Valley Technology Integrationist Morgan Bobzien, who introduced the idea locally, said the app was an immediate hit with those who have smartphones and/or iPads.
“It’s great if you have the device already,” she said, noting it’s currently not available on Windows devices yet, but is coming.
Initially, the app was going to be tested on Adam Bobzien’s first grade class at Fred Assam Elementary. But when the fifth grade teaching staff there caught wind of the plan, they asked to be part of the test as well.
“I’m kind of her ‘guinea pig,’ ” said Adam Bobzien, Morgan’s husband. “If she comes up with something new, she asks if it’s something I think would benefit my class.”
Both of the Bobziens say the app was well received by the parents who tried it out.
“They thought it was very neat and were amazed with the technology,” Adam said.
Adds Morgan: “It’s something new and is a new way to connect with the kids.”
The app works with a simple photo of a child, for example, which Bobzien then links to a video taken of the child. Future videos can be accessed from the child’s same photo throughout the school year. After downloading the free Arusma app onto their device, parents simply have to scan their child’s photo (which Bobzien had made available at conferences), which links them to the video.
First grader Chloe Bills, 7, said she thought the app “was cool.”
And her parents, Bills said, felt the same way, as did 7-year-old James Rus and his parents.
“I never knew you could do that; it was pretty cool,” Rus said.
The videos messages made by the first graders were kept simple, Morgan Bobzien said. Most welcomed their parents to conferences and closed out with messages of “I love you’s” to their parents.
The fifth graders created a timeline of what they’ve done so far in the school year, and students talked about their favorite unit studied to date. The class Halloween party, science project and QR reading were among their mentions, according to fifth grade teacher Jon Peters.
Peters and FAE fifth grade teacher Noelle Sunne say they’re continually on the lookout for new endeavors for their students. “They’re best when they’re kept busy working,” Peters said.
“I thought it was interesting and I was eager to be a part of something new,” Sunne said. “When she was explaining it, it was over my head and hard to imagine without seeing it. But once I told the kids about it, we brainstormed on how to use it.”
Sunne said she may use the app in her daily lessons, too.
“I put a lot of articles on the Smartboard, and if they had that, the could have (access to) those without printing them,” she said.
Fifth graders Kennedy Neubel, 10, and Hunter Anderson, 11, coined the Arusma app as “cool.”
“My mom, she’s a teacher, and said it’s really cool, too, and a great way (for students) to tell (their parents) what they liked,” Neubel said.
“I’ve never seen something where you can scan a photo and it shows up as a video,” Anderson said. “I used it here and after that, my mom really liked it” (and put it to work for her own personal use).
Morgan Bobzien said she plans to introduce the Arusma app at the district’s other schools as well.
It’s been a goal of Linden Lab to try and make SL work on mobile devices for a long time but it has always seemed near impossible. Many said it couldn’t be done. Well they’ve done it! and how! Shadows, dynamic lighting, far distance rendering, it all works!
Smooth ad, but Second Life is about so much more than just shopping and dancing…
OnLive also offers the chance to use SL on your television.
SL now offers something that quite recently seemed impossible.
OnLive is opening the Beta up to everyone as I write this but they expect to lose the beta label very quickly.
You can read the official Linden Lab announcement here…
After signing up, you get a 20 minutes free trial. Then, you’ll have to purchase SL minutes packs at $2.50 an hour. I’m not sure many people will be willing to pay what OnLive are charging at the moment.
For technical details you can check out Inara Pey’s blog…
Exactly what I needed
I’ve been using TalentLMS for about 4 months and I continue to be impressed with the platform. It was easy to setup; I was able to embed existing SCORM modules and link external content; and the 100+ users are finding it very intuitive to use (meaning very few user support issues).
I am Director of Administrative Systems for a small business. I looked into quite a few LMS systems before settling on TalentLMS. We have been using for 4 months and currently have 35 courses entered. We plan to have this system replace on-site annual, mandatory training and certifications required by the company. The system is incredibly easy to use, yet powerful and flexible. It is meeting all of our needs. Easy, accessible and affordable for a small/distributed business.
Lovely light-weight training system
The team at TalentLMS have put together a lovely, user-friendly tool which makes reusing other content, recording learning, and assessing competency easy.
Read more about TalentLMS:
"MrThaiBox123" used a Xeon E5 2690v2 10-Core Processor which costs about $2200. The quad-core Mac Pro costs $3000 from Apple; whereas, the 8-core costs $5000 and the 12-core costs $6500.